In the spirit of promoting our efforts toward increasing the capacity of capable counselors to service clients at the highest standards of clinical practice for the counseling profession, the NBCC Foundation in partnership with the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) is pleased to announce the Board Certified-TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH) training award. The BC-TMH award increases the reach and professional development of counselors throughout the nation.
Twenty (20) awards in the amount of $500 each are available.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently be board certified by holding the National Certified Counselor (NCC) certification, maintained with no ethical holds, OR must hold an active counseling license or a license in a relevant mental health field issued by their state of residence with no ethical holds.
- Must currently hold a master’s degree or higher in a mental health field. Degrees must be from a post secondary educational institution or program accredited by an accrediting agency or state approval agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- Have clinical experience in providing mental health or substance abuse counseling services.
- Commit to completing CCE-approved telemental health (TMH) training from one of CCE's approved training providers within 12 months of receiving the award.
- Commit to applying for the BC-TMH credential within 12 months of completion of the TMH training.
The application opens May 1, 2022, and the application deadline is July 31, 202 at 11:59 pm EDT.
Scholarship awardees will be notified by the end of October 2022.
For questions, please review our Frequently Asked Questions or e-mail email@example.com. If you experience any issues with the Submittable application platform, please email: Support@submittable.com.
CCE provides the funding for these awards, which the NBCC Foundation administers on CCE’s behalf.