The NBCC Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 military scholarships for service members, veterans, and their spouses pursuing a career in professional counseling. The military scholarship was created to increase the number of counselors available to serve military personnel and families.
These scholarships provide financial support to students who are currently enrolled in a Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Program (CACREP) accredited, master’s-level counseling program; are active duty, have served in the military, or are a military spouse; and who commit to serve military personnel within one year of graduation for the duration of a minimum of at least two years post-graduation.
Five scholarships in the amount of $8,000 are available.
- Applicants must be enrolled, full time in a CACREP-accredited counseling master’s program.
- Applicants must be veterans or active-duty U.S. military service members or spouses of a veteran or active-duty U.S. military service member. Veterans must have received an honorable discharge.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time for the fall 2022 semester and be in good standing in a CACREP-accredited counseling master’s-level program. Applicants must have taken courses during the spring 2022 semester. Applicants may not have a pending status, deferred status, or other future start date for coursework.
- Applicants are expected to graduate by December 31, 2025 (within three years from the date of the scholarship funding).
- Eligible applicants must not have an anticipated program completion date before September 1, 2023, which will be verified in writing by their academic department.
- Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of and experience with military personnel and families.
- Applicants must commit to becoming board certified by applying for the National Certified Counselor (NCC) certification prior to graduation and to completing the application process.
- Applicants must commit to providing mental health services to service members and/or veterans within one year of graduation and for the duration of a minimum of at least two years post-graduation.
To check the CACREP status of a program, search the CACREP website.
The application opens May 1, 2022, and the application deadline is July 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT.
Scholarship awardees will be notified by the end of October 2022.
For questions, please review our Frequently Asked Questions or e-mail email@example.com. If you experience any issues with the Submittable application platform, please email: Support@submittable.com.